Monday, September 1, 2008

I've been so blessed

Well, I am suppose to be induced tomorrow. I think this post is more for me then for anyone else. I just wanted to remind myself why being pregnant has been such a great experience. Since I get so sick, it is so easy to remember all of the negative things about it, but some day when I look back, I want to remember all of the good as well.
1. The first 5 months, I could barely get off of the couch. Since I had two miscarriages with Elizabeth, I realized I was sick with them, but not as sick. So being really sick is a sign that my pregnancy is a good one. 2. Shane did all of the dishes for my first two trimesters, since I would look in the sink and start to throw up(I guess it was a good way to get out of dishes). 3. You really realize what great friends and family you have. Everyone was volunteering to help, taking my kids, bringing in meals, I love you all. 4. I get to see Amy Phip every week. She has come to my house and given me a massage almost every week since I've been out of my first trimester. 5. Exercise seems like the impossible dream. Since I've been out of it for so long, I'm kind of craving it. I can't wait. 6. I feel like I've been forced to slow down and enjoy every little thing with my kids. I already knew they were great, I just think I appreciate even more all of the joy they bring into our home, and how blessed we are to have them. 7. I have a great husband, and our relationship has only grown stronger through this experience. 8. Being sick gives you more time to read. I've probably read about 25 books over the last 9 months. I don't know when I'll have time for even one more, but it was fun while it lasted. 9. The miracle of prayer. I have been able to feel the prayers offered on my behalf, and have appreciated them more then anyone will ever know. 10. I was healthy enough to go to Europe twice with this pregnancy. Once with my Mom, and the second time with my Dad and all of my siblings. I have a great family, and had so much fun spending all of that time with them. This was a double blessing because I'm also thankful that in America we don't have to pay to use the toilets, which almost broke me in Europe. 11. I just can't wait to hold something in my arms again, that I know was with my Heavenly Father just moments ago. I feel so blessed that it is a bit overwhelming. I just needed to remind myself of at least a few reason's that the last nine months have been so great.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I can't wait to see pics of the new little one.

Jen said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to see the baby! XO

Lisa, Danny, and Blake said...

Oh Kimmy we are so excited! I can't wait to see if we are going to have a new niece or nephew. We will be praying for you. I love you!

nickyfish said...

Thanks for the inspiring post! I could definitely take the time to realize all of my blessings. And yeah, that baby is coming tomorrow. I guess the hike on Saturday didn't work, but you'll finally get to see if it's a boy or girl. I can't wait to find out.

Wendi said...

I love this post... I am anxious to hold this little bundle. :)

Megh said...

Wow, congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog on Lisa's. I wanted to thank you again for your advice and encouragement about med school last time I saw you. We are in the thick of it now, and it has been a great time so far! It's busy, but fun. Feel free to stop by our blog anytime: www.schowfamily.wordpress.com. Take care!

-Meghan (Taylor) Schow

awindowsillview said...

Kim..I was just on Dani's site and saw your link so of course I had to visit...too cute!! I cannot believe you have had another baby (well, you were about to be induced and it's now the 7th, so I'm assuming you've had the baby). It seems like a few months ago we were out kicking the soccer ball around - it was so fun to see you and Nicole again after so many years. Good luck with this little one - such a blessing! Steph Sill

Tony&Dani said...

KIM!

I found your blog and I'm checking in to see if the new bundle of joy has arrived. I hope everything went well for you.

Take care,
Dani