Monday, September 15, 2008

Isabella had a rough week

So the pop that they heard when Isabella was born, was her collar bone breaking. I noticed a huge bump by her neck last week and took her in for x-rays. It is healing nicely and the bump is calcium that should go away over the next few months. While we were at the doctors I had the doctor check to see what her biliruben count was, she was looking like a pumpkin. It was 23, so we had to cook her in a bilibed for 3 days and nights. She didn't enjoy that very much. To top it off, she gets a lot of kisses from Elizabeth and Joshua, who both happen to have colds. Even though we try to have them not kiss her face, they mostly all land on her face. So now she has a cold, so I get to sit up with her all night so she can breath. I think she is thinking it was a lot better inside my belly. We are still so happy to have her here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for Isabella (and you)! I hope she gets well soon and that you all can get the rest you need.

Lisa, Danny, and Blake said...

Poor little girl... I wish I was there to help. Give her a kiss for me. Love you guys

Jen said...

Ouch! Poor girl. Hope she is feeling better soon. And I know how you feel trying to keep the older ones off the baby. I think it's even harder for them when they are sick because you tell them they can't and the want to more! Hope your all better soon.

awindowsillview said...

So sorry for little Isabella...hope you can get some rest soon and that all your kids get feeling better soon.

Jill said...

I am feeling for ya Kim! What a rough start for that angel. Boy do you and Shane make the prettiest kids. Miss you guys. Hope you get better rest and a good routine soon!

nickyfish said...

Wow! The things our little ones go through, and that we go through for them! Aren't you sad that cold season is back again? My kids have them too, which is why I'm going to have to wait to come see beautiful Isabella. Francie and I were thinking about getting together for lunch, maybe at one of our houses. Are you up for it? We could bring lunch to you or if that's too much hassle, we could come to my house. When you feel up to it, let us know!

Willardson Family said...

Kim, I truly feel what you are going through. You are giving me flashbacks from Weston's birth. He also had his collarbone broken and had to have photo therapy! I feel for you! You must be past exhausted!

Bonnie said...

oh yes that takes me back to a year ago! I think I'm getting hives! I know you know it...but it gets easier!