Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey!

I don't know how Shane did it, but we had a perfect 13th anniversary. I told him not to plan anything because I'm ready to deliver at any minute, and nothing is fun to me right now. He took the day off work. We went to lunch with the kids (because they felt that they needed to celebrate with us). I took a nap and when I woke up the babysitter was there. We went to the temple, and then got takeout at Bombay House (he wanted to go somewhere nicer, but I wanted spicey food just in case it would put me in labor-it didn't). We watched the sunset while we ate. Then it was getting late, and almost time for the babysitter to go home, and we took our last hour just walking around Sugar House Park. It probably sounds a little boring, but it was perfect. Usually we try to do exciting things like swimming with the sharks, hot air balloon rides, going somewhere fun, but this year I needed something just like this. Thanks Shane. I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend, the day couldn't have been more perfect. I love you!

5 comments:

nickyfish said...

Happy 13th Anniversary! I'm glad you had such a great date! Sometimes the simple things are the best, just spending time together!

I'm totally up for going to Alaska together! I hope that baby comes soon. Nicole

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary. Lucky 13! Glad you had a great day and good luck with the delivery in a few days!

Heather Ridge said...

Happy 13th you two. I am proud of Shane, way to go. Bummer the Bombay House didn't put you into labor.

Anonymous said...

Anniversaries are great excuses to do fun and exotic things but it is often the simple things that remind us of when we first fell in love! Glad your day was great! Sorry the spicy food didn't work.

Bonnie said...

ok so for some reason I'm getting misty! That's exactly what I would have wanted to do if I were 9 plus months pregnant. Actually even now I love doing the simpler things sometimes. I sure hope your labor starts soon. Keep us posted!