Monday, October 27, 2008

Yeah, it's the start of another week.

Well today I was thinking how glad I was that it was Monday, the start of a fresh week. Last week was really rough. Shane worked really long hours, Joshua was sick all week long, Lizzy was really whiney, and I had no patients. Then I started thinking about what good came out of last week, and my blessings were plentiful. Here are a few: 1. The one day that Shane got home before 9 PM was on Thursday, I actually got to go to book club. 2. Joshua who started last week with a 102.9 degree temperature, a headache, and a tummy ache had strep throat. And even though he felt terrible from Monday until Saturday, getting up multiple times every night with a high temperature, had the optimism to say, "being sick is still better then having two broken feet". 3. Isabella still sleeping about 9 hours a night since she was 5 weeks. 4. I actually had enough energy to wake up on my own at 5 AM to work out twice last week. 5. After Shane had worked from 7AM Friday morning getting home at 8PM on Saturday night, he still had the energy to run to Home Depot to get the necessary parts and replace our water heaters that had died earlier in the day. Since it was so late, they didn't have the right size water heaters, so he had to get the next bigger size and completely rebuild the plumbing so that they would fit. He finished at 9 AM (12 hours later) so we could shower with warm water for church. 6.Sarah and Joshua enjoying piano lessons so much that they fight over who gets to play first. That is how my skeleton Halloween decoration was knocked off of the piano and shattered into many pieces. 7.Steve and Jenny are having a girl, so Isabella will have another girl cousin close to her age. 8.Sarah loving reading so much that I have a hard time having her let me read to her at night. She wants to read her Lizzy McGuire books that her cool older cousin Sydney gave to her. 9. Sarah's fish died that she has had since my brother Matt and Natalie gave them fish as a distraction after Elizabeth had her seizer while Shane and I were out of the country. It was sad, but I think it was dead for a few days before I even noticed it was dead. It actually was floating at the bottom of the bowl. I guess I don't have to change the water and feed it anymore, since she always seemed to forget. It doesn't sound like a blessing, but it is. 10. Lizzy has another favorite thing to say instead of always saying, "one more minute", now she likes to say, "absolutely". That is much better. Now that I look back, I guess last week wasn't so bad.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love your post! I need to look at things in a positive way so much more. Thanks for your example and here's to another good week!

Heather Ridge said...

Another positive is you got your swimming pool of a jacuzzi, right? Way to be optimistic, I know I wouldn't be feeling the same way if I had experienced even some of the stuff you had going last week. This week is going to be great!!

Heather said...

What a great way to look at life. I need to think that way more often. How's your hot tub? I was thinking about it when I was barely walking on Friday. How nice it would be on aching muscles! Hope you have a great week and I'd love to exercise this week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us all to look at the little blessings that happen each day in our life! Have a great, new week!

AlliSMiles said...

your family is beautiful, and i'm excited to meet bella. it is really strange to me, still, to see photos of your family in the house i grew up in, even though my parents' "new" house feels like home. part of me will always cherish the regan court house.

what is your email address? i will invite you to our private family blog, or you can just look at my photo blog: allismiles.blogspot.com

and what is your number so i can call you about Hawaii?