Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year

Well we had a wonderful time with all of our family in town. We had family visit from Boston, Florida, Texas, Idaho, Hawaii, and the Netherlands. We had so much fun with all of you, and miss you dearly. Lizzy keeps asking why the house is so quiet. We had so much fun with all of you skiing, sledding, and just hanging out.
Seeing the Christmas lights
family skiing and snow boarding day
Playing on the Wii


We made new years resolutions. I made a lot, and hopefully will be able to keep most of them. One of the ones that I think is probably most important is saying, "Oh Crap". I didn't realize I said that so much until Lizzy started saying it all of the time. We are trying to replace it with, "Oh snap" instead. Nothing like knowing what you have to work on when you have children around to help you remember. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun with your family, I love it when family comes to visit. I can totally relate to your "oh crap" dilemma. My youngest has said that and "dang it" a lot. I have learned to watch what I say as well.

Mel Sims said...

Oh, you and Barbara...both of you have much cleaner language than I do, obviously! My daughter (at two years old), right after her daddy drove over a big bump, said, "D%$# it, Pete, you made me spill my milk!"

It was hilarious, but we changed our expletives immediately thereafter. =]

nickyfish said...

I still can't believe how crazy busy you were over the holidays! What a woman! Thanks for the fun party--I'm sorry we missed so much and came so late, but I'm glad it turned out so well.

PS. I love "Say" by John Mayer, what a great song! Made me happy to open your blog and hear it!