Friday, May 9, 2008

Europe was Great

I was a little worried with the way the vacation started out. Our plane was delayed in New York for about 4 hours. Every hour, they got us ready to board the plane and then said it would be another hour. At midnight, I was tired and sleeping on the floor of the airport and my legs were already starting to swell. (Usually I don't swell until the sixth month of pregnancy, yes my legs indent and the indention stays. It is great entertainment to my family.) But once we landed the trip was great. We threw our suitcases in lockers and headed off to the tulip festival. It was absolutely beautiful. The next day was Sunday, we went to church, and met some of the nicest people. That evening we went for a bike ride along the canals and through the beautiful countryside of Holland. We spent a day in Vienna, some time in Salzburg (of course I went on the Sound of Music Tour, if you have any questions about scenery in the movie, or the actual family just ask me, I know it all). Then we went to Prague, a very romantic city. Not quite the same without Shane by my side, I didn't go to the bridge at night, I saved that for when I go back there some day with Shane.

When I got home, I spent the week spending time playing games and talking to my kids, hanging with Shane (when he was able to be home), and watching the shows from American Idol and Survivor. I needed to know that my little David Archuleta was safe.

4 comments:

Lisa, Danny, and Blake said...

Thanks for finally updating. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Love you

Jen said...

I am so jealous! I am dreaming of the day when I get to go to Holland and see the tulips. Some day. Glad you had a great time! I can't believe that is little John! I talked to Jeff's sister Celia today and she said she was in St. George this weekend with Travis and saw Shane. Fun stuff!

Harmoni said...

Hey stranger. My blog
http://thehamz.blogspot.com/
I have to invite you I think. try it and if you can't get in i will invite you again.
Harm

Mel Sims said...

Yams! Hey! Great to see you blogging. I loved Salzburg...so glad you got to go. I didn't like Prague so much, I don't know why..?

Hey, I want to contact Heidi, I didn't know she had a blog...do you think she wants me reading? He he....anyway, if you email her or comment, will you let her know?

Keep blogging!